The club was officially founded in 13th February 1911 with approval of the Imperial governor of Zadar, on the initiative of four people from Split, Prague's students: Fabian Kaliterne, Vjekoslav Ivanisevic, Lucijan Stella and Ivan Sakic.
Professor Joseph Barac was named a club "hajduk", a name which to this day proudly wearing.
- Website HNK Hajduk
The University of Split was officially established on 15 June 1974 when the units having already had an effect in their professional, scientific and teaching areas entered its structure.
As a predominant scientific and teaching institution in the region the University of Split has expanded during the course of the past 30 years to include nine Faculties, one Academy of Arts, two University colleges and two University Departments as well as several institutes and scientific units.
- Website The University of Split